At the end of the day, though, you know that it is all worth it. You know that being your own boss, making the rules, and determining your own fate is worth it. No matter how difficult it seems some days, it is a worthwhile goal and it is ultimately what will make you happiest.
With that said, satisfaction with your career choice isn’t enough to ensure that you enjoy success as an Internet marketer. If you want to do that, you’ll need ammunition—and lots of it. And that’s exactly what this guide provides: many, many tips that you can use to make money as an Internet marketer. These tips are designed to be short and to the point. Some are philosophical, some are practical, and some are attitudinal—but all designed to make you a better marketer; and to ensure that you don’t run out of ammunition on your marketing campaigns.
1. Ad Tracking – Using it to Test Your Results : Most advertising services, such as Google AdWords, permit you to track your ads. You can see how many click-throughs you receive; and you can split-test two ads with slightly different wording. Tracking your results will allow you to compare two approaches, so you can determine which works best.
2. Adding Articles to Directories : One good way to generate traffic for your site is to write articles and then submit them to directories. You can find a list of the top 50 directories according to the amount of traffic they receive at the following URL:http://www.vretoolbar.com/articles/directories.php. This will not only get your site a one-way backlink that will improve your search engine position rankings, but it will also generate some direct, click-through traffic.
3. Adding Your Blog to RSS Feed Directories : Another good way to generate traffic for your blog is to list your RSS feed in directories. This will have a similar effect as adding your articles to directories. You can find a list of RSS feed directories here: http://www.dotsauce.com/2007/06/06/55-active-rss-directories-to-help-promoteyour-feeds/.
4. Adding Your Site to Link Directories : Another good way to get inbound links pointed at your site is to submit it to directories. You can find a list of directories here: http://www.strongestlinks.com/directories.php. When you do this, remember to include a description of your site that links keywords that you are optimizing for. This text will surround your link; and will improve your search engine rankings for these keywords.
5. Adopt a Strategy : Many Internet marketers go into a new business venture without first spending the time to create a strategy. This is usually a big mistake. Without creating a strategy that specifies what you should do in various situations, you may find yourself lost; and prone to ad hoc and inconsistent decision-making.
6. AdWords – A Trick That Can Boost Your Click-Through Rate : If you want to improve your AdWords click-through-rate, you should use the base keyword from your keyword list in your headline. When people search for a keyword on your list, it will pull up your ad with the keyword bolded in the headline. This will attract searchers to your ad, increasing the chance that they will click on it.
7. AdWords – Tracking Your End Results is Crucial : In addition to tracking your ad click-through rates, you will also want to check how your ad results translate into sales. You can do this by sending traffic from different campaigns to different landing pages. This will allow you to do determine whether certain ads are generating higher-quality traffic.
8. AdWords – Using the Right Headline Could Change Your Campaign : After you begin tracking your results, you will want to start varying your AdWords headlines. You can then test how well each different headline performs; and then select the best for your campaign. Remember to only make small changes at a time.
9. Affiliates Can Make or Break a Business : One of the best ways to grow your business rapidly is to find affiliates. Affiliates can act as an extension of you by marketing your product in places and in ways that you could not think of yourself.
10. Affiliate Managers May be Necessary : Once you have grown your affiliate program substantially, it will begin to take up an increasingly larger share of the amount of time you spend on your business. Beyond a certain point, it will be a good idea to consider hiring an affiliate manager to do this work for you. This will free up your time, so that you can
spend it doing other, more productive things.
11. Affiliate Marketing Software – Using it to Save Time : In the past, affiliate marketing was much harder than it is today. Today, you can take advantage of a variety of different software programs to automate tasks for your program. This includes things such as creating ids, tracking sales, and making payments. This can save you a great deal of time and money.
12. Affiliate Products Can Supplement Your Product Sales : Some of the most successful Internet marketers mix revenue streams. Not only do they sell their own products, but they also sell other business’s products as an affiliate. If you want to maximize your own profits, you should consider selling high-quality products as an affiliate.
13. Attitude is Important : It may sound like a silly piece of advice, but attitude is truly important when it comes to Internet marketing. As you grow your business, you will find yourself encouraging more and more challenges. If your attitude is good, you’ll stick with your choices and find the courage to get through them; if not, you’ll find yourself quickly folding.
14. Be an Early-Adopter : When it comes to business, the profits are often greatest in the earliest stage of a new technology or idea. As more people become privy to the idea or technology, competition increases and profits fall. Be an early adopter and make sure you get in with the profits are still large.
15. Be Flexible : When it comes to any business venture, flexibility is a virtue. Business owners
who are too rigid often find themselves in a corner without any options. On the other hand, those who remain flexible ensure that they change with the time and the situation, so that they never end up cornered.
16. Be Patient : In addition to flexibility, patience is a business virtue. To see that this is true, spend some time on any Internet marketing forum. You’ll find people who have spent years chasing after and abandoning short-term goals with no success. You’ll also find patient business owners who have stuck with the same boring idea—but have used it to earn increasingly greater profits each year.
17. Bid on Freelance Marketing Assistants : Freelance marketing assistants can take an overburdened, but promising business and transform it into a growing, successful business. If you’re finding yourself too busy to accomplish everything, then you should consider hiring a marketing assistant using http://www.elance.com or http://www.guru.com.
18. Borrow Ideas from Other Sites : Coming up with marketing strategies is hard. This is precisely why you should focus on borrowing good strategies from other places before you try to come up with your own. You can do this by visiting top sites in your niche; and carefully observing how your competitor operates. In particular, examine the sales process in detail (i.e. how she gets leads, follows up with those leads, pitches to those leads, and closes sales).
19. Borrow Public Domain Content to Create Products : One of the hardest parts of running a successful business is creating new products. This usually involves careful planning, creative work, and execution. If you would prefer to rely on the effort of others, you can always use public domain content (i.e. content that is freely available for you to resell) as is or in re-bundled form as a product.
20. Borrow Techniques from Other Marketers : One of the best ways to learn about traffic generation is to observe those who do it successfully. You can do this by performing a search of the following form on Google: “link:
Internet marketing - online money tips -Part 11 -By Alex Makarski